Darshan Ambient Leads Echoes Top 25 for September
Little Things does big things on Echoes Top 25 as Darshan Ambient’s CD of the Month rises to the head of the pack in September. Azam Ali & Loga R. Torkian aren’t far behind with the Lamentation of Swans, an album that is still revealing itself after several months. Mree’s Winterwell pops back up. She is definitely the new artist of 2013. And yes, she had a previous CD in 2011 but no one heard it and Winterwell is clearly a breakthrough work of beautiful songs and harmonies that are like sinking into satin sheets. There’s lot of newcomers to this list like Eklipse, Emiliana Torrini, Endless Tapes, Gungor, and the The Joy Formidable. And there are 15 vocals on the list, even if some of those vocals are imaginary languages from Azam Ali and Akara, and wordless voices from Julianna Barwick. Check out the top 25 below.
ECHOES TOP 25 for SEPTEMBER
- Darshan Ambient – Little Things (Lotuspike)
- Azam Ali and Loga R Torkian – Lamentation of Swans (Terrestrial Lane Productions)
- Mree - Winterwell (Mree Music)
- Eklipse – Electric Air (The End)
- Akara – The World Beyond (Merkaba Music)
- Emiliana Torrini – Tookah (Rough Trade Us)
- Olivier Libaux – Uncovered Queens of the Stone Age (Music for Music Lovers)
- Raygun Ballet – Big California (Mars Arcana)
- Clannad – Nadur (Arc Music)
- Endless Tapes – Endless Tapes EP (Endless Tapes)
- Gungor – I Am Mountain (Hither & Yon)
- Ane Brun – Songs 2003-2013 (Balloon Ranger Recordings)
- Clara Hill – Walk the Distance (Tapete Records)
- v/a – Little Darla has a Treat for You Vol. 28: Lucky 2013 (Darla Records)
- The Joy Formidable – Silent Treatment EP (Canvasback/ATL)
- Tired Pony – The Ghost of the Mountain (Universal UK)
- Naming Ghosts – Naming Ghosts (Penfield Music)
- Jeff Greinke – Scenes From A Train (Infectious Music)
- Shambhu – Dreaming of Now (Acoustic Shine)
- Agnes Obel – Aventine (Pias America)
- Acoustic Eidolon – Ancient Lovers (Acoustic Woods Records)
- Julianna Barwick – Nepenthe (Dead Oceans)
- Austra – Olympia (Domino)
- DIANA – Perpetual Surrender (Jagjaguwar)
- v/a – Possibilities of Circumstance (Projekt)
John Diliberto (((echoes)))
Support Echoes by becoming a member of the Echoes Sound Circle.
Think of the great artists you love on Echoes. Think of the informative interviews and exclusive live performances. Then, think of a world without Echoes. You can make sure that never happens by becoming a member of the Echoes Sound Circle.
Echoes is a non-profit 501(c3) organization just like your local public radio station. And all donations are tax deductible. You can support Echoes with a monthly donation that will barely disturb your credit card.
Join the Echoes Sound Circle and keep the soundscapes of Echoes flowing!